STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Stress DER in Wichita, Kansas!
This candidate will eventually be working on the new avionics upgrade project on the Citation Jet IV and the XLS. This project will not be kicked off until middle to the end of November, so in the meantime, they will be working on other projects until this comes to fruition.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparation of engineering drawings, reports and other documents. Coordinates with direct and indirect customers and suppliers to determine system requirements and resolve problems. Work with various groups within Product Engineering to develop test procedures and pass/fail criteria
- Assist with material selection, configuration and sizing for new airframe structures as well as providing production and field support for existing aircraft
- Production and field support will include the design evaluations, ensuring that all aircraft meet fatigue, strength, and stability requirements
- Work alongside other organizations from engineering, customer service, ISC, flight test, and airworthiness to support a broad range of projects by providing your technical expertise
- Perform advanced structural analysis using a range of mathematical, testing, and computational methods
- Support FAA and foreign authorities in technical discussions on certification issues
- Involvement in root cause analysis of complex failures to improve aircraft reliability. Including support of accident investigations
- Keep detailed Stress Notes on design changes and production non-conformances
- Participate in the development and improvement of the team’s processes and tools
Required UM Chart:
- Approve technical data and find compliance to airworthiness standards, approve airworthiness limitations information, establish conformity inspection requirements, perform compliance inspections, and approve data for major alterations or major repairs
- Part 23 and Part 25 Full Authority – [A1] or [B1, C1, D1, E1, and F1], [A4] or [B4, C4, D4, E4, and F4], and [A9] or [B9, C9, D9, E9, and F9] per FAA Order 8110-37 Chart A (DER Structural)
Education / Experience:
- B.S. or advanced degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or related technical degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in General Aviation or Business Aircraft development programs
- Static Structural DER qualifications (FAR 23 or 25)
- Experience with domestic and foreign business and/or general aviation aircraft certification process is required
- Experience with Microsoft Office software application and working environment is required
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be able to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas with peers, management, and certification authorities
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.