STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is currently hiring Stress Engineers in Savannah, Georgia.
Assists with the planning, coordination, performance of design, analysis and liaison engineering supporting the development and production of products and services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contributes to planning, developing and coordinating of important engineering projects
- Provides specialized technical assistance to team members
- Uses advanced techniques and modified extension of theories to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Determines and develops own approach to solutions within schedule and cost objectives
- Works under limited supervision; work should only be required to be reviewed for accuracy and consistency with meeting overall objectives
- Acts as liaison with representatives outside of the assigned group/area
- Actively works to improve daily processes and ensures all work meets customer requirements
- Maintains a current knowledge of developments in the field of specialty and/or other related aircraft fields in order to recommend innovations to improve quality and effectiveness of company product
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related curriculum required or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Five (5) ys in specific technical discipline or ten (10) yrs broad engineering experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job
- Static and fatigue analysis of primary and secondary airframe structure of metallic construction experience
- Strong background in classical stress analysis
- Experience with Catia V5 to support stress analysis and drawing release
- Experience with reviewing 2D drawings.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision
- Experience with aircraft modifications and repairs (STC, MRB, or Service) preferred
- Static analysis of composite structure
- Composite allowable testing and certification requirements
- Experience with Patran/Nastran is a plus
- Strong preference for engineers that enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Candidate shall not be a foreign national and must be legally qualified to work on an ITAR project
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and we encourage you all to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.