Structural Design Engineers
Structural Design EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Structural Design Engineers in Savannah, Georgia.
The Structural Design Engineer is responsible for providing an optimum design solution satisfying requirements for maximum inherent safety, performance in terms of weight and durability, and minimum cost of production and ownership. The team is involved with the current fleet and new product development. This job is for placement in the core team working on the Special Missions aircraft.
- 5 ys in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors
- Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs for Masters, 4 yrs for PhD in fields applicable to this job
- Thorough understanding of structures design criteria including design loads and durability (fatigue and corrosion)
- Solid understanding of design and manufacturing processes involved for both metallic and composite parts with a focus on design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA)
- Solid understanding of 3D Model Based Definition (3D MBD), and the application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) for details and assemblies
- Minimum 10,000 hours or 5 years experience on CATIA v5 in primary Structural Design Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 workbenches: part design (machined parts), sheet metal, Fibersim, Composite Part Design (CPD), FT&A, Generative Drafting (2D Drawings), Knowledge Based Engineering (KBE) tools including use of parameters, design tables, and Visual Basic macros
- Proficiency in CATIA v4
- Proficiency in SmarTeam PLM database
- Experience with green aircraft structural modification
- Prior work experience with aircraft design
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.