Subcontracts Administrators (Defense)
Subcontracts Administrators (Defense)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Jobs
STS Technical Services is hiring Subcontracts Administrators in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
The Subcontract Administrator is a key role within the Supply Chain team, and is responsible for creating, modifying, administering and maintaining subcontracts with key suppliers. The subcontractors will supply products and services to support overall operations and strategic metrics.
- Proactively develop and manage supply base to ensure best in class quality, cost, delivery, and technical capability
- Assess, manage, and mitigate risks related to subcontractors
- Work cross-functionally with both internal and external stakeholders
- Issue and maintain subcontracts through purchase orders
- Align deliverables on contracts to customer requirements for schedules and payments
- Generate, distribute, follow-up and analyze requests for quote
- Negotiation of supplier agreements and Terms &Conditions
- Issue, collect, negotiate and analyze RFQ’s and cost breakdowns with new and existing suppliers
- Assess suppliers capabilities on quality, delivery and commercial capability
- Understand government regulations (FAR & DFARS) and restrictions such as ITAR
- Enhance supply chain processes and procedures where necessary to improve productivity and accuracy.
- Schedules and tracks the material deliveries based upon production schedule and other program requirements.
- Confers with contractors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Drive cost savings initiatives such as annual price review, VA/VE, and others as assigned
- Undertake other duties as determined by the Supply Chain Manager.
- Work with the compliance officer to secure import and export permits and TAAs as necessary
- Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Business Law, Contractual Law or related field
- 6-10 years of experience with writing and interpreting contracts including terms and conditions in the defense industry
- Knowledge of FAR and DFARS and Military Standards and regulations
- Knowledge of the US DoD process and procedures for vehicle development and acquisition
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain SECRET US Defense clearance
- Purchasing experience supporting large complex US Defense programs
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time. Occasional travel.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Troy.Elmore@ststechnicaljobs.com