Supplier Quality Manager
Supplier Quality ManagerSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Supplier Quality Manager in Columbus, Mississippi.
Responsible for leading our client’s supplier quality program and executing associated systems, processes, programs/initiatives, practices, and metrics for ensuring and improving overall supplier quality performance.
- Standardize and optimize Supplier Quality processes and tools across organization
- Daily operations associated with monitoring and improving supplier quality.
- Participate on NPI teams.
- Participate in Statement of Work Development, peer review and sign off
- Review potential suppliers per company procedures for approval.
- Drive quality for suppliers, including quality plan implementation.
- Provide Reports to senior quality management on the performance of suppliers and propose supplier quality improvement initiatives to reduce cost in areas of remake rate, down time, sorting, rework, etc.
- Collaborate with the supply chain management team, quality control, engineering, and contracts management to establish guidelines for supplier quality and performance.
- Play a major role in the supplier selection process, evaluation of potential suppliers and the supplier qualification process. Manage the Pre-Production Approval Process (PPAP).
- Represents Supplier Quality performance internally and externally including during the interactions with regulatory agencies and suppliers.
- Oversees supplier rating program.
- Stay current with the latest regulatory guidelines for suppliers.
- Assess subcontractor/supplier quality capabilities throughout the program life cycle to achieve full program objectives.
- Develop and conduct risk based auditing for suppliers to assure compliance, including initial supplier assessment audits and production audits during program life.
- Implement and or strengthen programs used to identify, track, and resolve supplier non-conformance issues and clearly communicate expectations to such suppliers.
- Provide support in investigations and reports on supplier corrective actions and timeliness including NCR’s, SCARS and supplier related CAPA’s.
- Lead the effective and timely closure of Corrective Actions for defects on purchased component and raw materials.
- Identify supplier risk and systemic performance issues ensuring root-cause analysis and corrective solutions are identified and implemented with closure plans
- Interpret purchase order quality notes and quality requirements to ensure subcontractor/supplier understanding.
- Ensure flow down of product requirements both internally and to sub-tier suppliers and ensure compliance with quality requirements.
- Partner with suppliers to foster continuous improvement.
- Create reports that measure and track supplier quality performance to identify opportunities for improvements.
- Participate in First Article Inspections and validation as requested/needed by Quality Engineering.
- US person per ITAR (22 CFR 120.15).
- Bachelor’s degree in business or technical field.
- Formal training and experience with Supplier Quality Management and Auditing – 7 years.
- Experience with Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, AS9100 and First Article Inspection Processes such as AS9102. – 10 years.
- Experience with problem resolution of technical and quality issues.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and employ the use of six sigma tools and methodology.
- Advanced blueprint reading ability preferred o Familiarity with MS Great Plains ERP system, including MRP.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement best practices and production planning.
- CQE and CQA certification preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate engineering information (drawings, BOMs, etc.).
- Understanding of inspection techniques.
- Problem solving.
- Record keeping.
- Analytical thinking.
- Computer competencies.
- Ability to resolve issues of conflict in a tactful and professional manner.
- Positive behavioral skills and a high degree of self-motivation and bias for action preferred.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; able to resolve disputes using tactful, diplomatic and ethical methods.
- Understanding of part manufacturing/fabrication processes and general sequence of operations preferred
- Ability to organize work, document and/or report concisely and accurately, and thoroughness in carrying out the responsibilities of the job.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.