Supply Chain Leads (Remote)
Supply Chain Leads (Remote)STS
STS Technical Services
Hiring Note: This is a remote-work opportunity. While there is a location listed (most third-party platforms we utilize require it), this position is 100% remote and can be done from anywhere. Please keep that in mind when you apply online.
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
The Harley-Davidson Motor Company Corporate Headquarters in Milwaukee, WI is the site where the first H-D factory – a wooden shed – was built in 1903 in the backyard of the William C. Davidson family home. Join our team as a Lead Supply Management – Apparel Sourcing.
This position is responsible for supporting product development by executing purchasing activity, developing and implementing commodity strategies or managing supply chain. This position is responsible for negotiation, contract management and change management while measuring quality, cost, and delivery performance of all suppliers. Will work as an interface between the supply management process and various process areas within manufacturing.
- Demonstrates specialized depth and / or breadth of expertise in Developmental Purchasing, Indirect Procurement, Supply Chain, or Supply Base
- Impacts the achievement Developmental Purchasing, Indirect Procurement, Supply Chain, and Supply Base to drive results in Product Development and Manufacturing objectives
- Resolves complex problems in Supply Management
- Works independently, requiring guidance on only the most complex situations
- Leads others to solve complex problems in Supply Management using analytical thought, exercising judgment and identifying innovative solutions
- May lead functional teams or projects
- Communicates difficult concepts in Supply Management and negotiates with others to effectively influence as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices to improve Supply Management processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead a group and / or team and provide guidance to other employees
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Motorcycle riding experience and knowledge in Harley-Davidson motorcycles and accessories.
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
- Direct Reports: No
- Travel Required: 0 – 10%
- COVID-19 Vaccine Required: No
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.