Supply / Commodity Managers (Electrical)
Supply / Commodity Managers (Electrical)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Supply / Commodity Managers (Electrical) in Madison Heights, Michigan.
- Implement a formalized Supplier Relationship Management framework to foster innovation and reduce risk
- Identify, manage and deliver PPV and Total Landed Cost Improvements
- Develop commodity-based supply chain strategies and management framework
- Applies knowledge of commodities and commodity market trend
- Serves as an expert in influencing, leading and driving project implementation of supply chain strategies and development of short and long-term goals for management consideration in support of customer requirements
- Commodities include wiring harnesses and cables, electrical switches, connectors, vetronics systems and componentry, and software
- Identifies and develops new suppliers, both domestic and foreign
- Rationalizes existing supply base
- Grow the team’s leadership and functional capabilities
- Coordination with Advanced Purchasing to provide accurate costs for and innovated supply strategies for new programs and products
- Document and communicate strategies across the team to define preferred suppliers and pursue next-level savings projects
- Implement industry leading supply chain processes
- Build and maintain relationships, both internal and with suppliers.
- Strong negotiation capabilities
- Supplier relationship management acumen
- Entrepreneurial qualities
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Engineering, Sales, & Program Management
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in supply chain / purchasing
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA, CPM, and/or SCM accreditation also highly desirable
- Technical knowledge and experience is preferred
- Global Sourcing experience is preferred
- Experience in Defense contracting and procurement requirements is preferred
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.