Survivability Engineers (Manager)
Survivability Engineers (Manager)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Survivability Engineers in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
If you have experience in all areas of Survivability and would like to take the next step in your career to lead support staff within the project engineering team and have a secret clearance or the ability to get one, we want to speak to you!
- Engineering support for all US Structures & Survivability Engineering activities
- Responsible for defining and delivering a balanced system design composed of physical, active and signature management solutions to ensure a highly capable and adaptable survivability solution for the future battlefield
- Armor integration
- Assess cost, weight and optimize a solution for the vehicle
- Vulnerability analysis
- Materials ballistic performance & application
- Behind armor effects mitigation
- Armor integration
- Product development IAW MIL-STD-209K
- Active Protection System integration
- Mine blast design and testing
- Potentially act as the Design Authority for the Structures and Survivability disciplines, including body of evidence generation.
- Lead/coordinate/support the engineering efforts for NGCV/OMFV including requirement traceability and compliance analysis, design maturation and associated development gate reviews, vehicle subsystem packaging, SWAP-C alignment, and supplier management.
- Support the development of subsystem and component Statement of Work (SOW), Critical Item Development Specification (CIDS), Interface Control Document (ICD), and supplier Request of Proposal (RFP) artifacts.
- Apply working knowledge of the three primary disciplines of system survivability spanning physical protection, active protection, and signature management to determine a balanced system design
- Assist in development and execution of sub-system and system level qualification testing as applicable
- Lead system levels trade studies and analysis to determine a balanced system design.
- Provide review/final approval of Technical Documents
- Manage relationships with all stakeholders to ensure performance is optimized and be able to manage the political dimensions associated with a high-profile program.
- Support and adhere to all company safety and environmental regulations & policies.
- Control and deliver a large-scale project, including financial expenditures.
- Undertake other duties as determined by the Engineering Director or his/her delegate.
- Have the ability to move into a management role in the near future?
- BS Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Structural, Systems, Aerospace, Automotive)
- 10 years’ experience minimum in delivering large complex US Defense programs
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain SECRET US Defense clearance
- 5 plus years of experience as a Subject Matter Expert in Survivability
- Mechanical and Electrical engineering vehicle principles
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, occasional travel to Europe may be required.
- Have the ability to manage indirect reports and grow into managing a team of direct reports
- Experience with engineering and supply chain management in a highly regulated industry.
- MS Engineering desired (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Management)
- Ability to speak German desired, not required
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.