STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Systems Administrators in Fayetteville, Georgia.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
The System Administrator position manages, reviews, evaluates, implements and maintains the day-to-day operations of information technology for the business and ensures that the underlying technologies and systems run effectively, while providing users with flexibility in the management, access, retrieval, sharing and configuration of the large amounts of data held by the network.
This person must have the technical capacity to manage the company’s systems, which are largely a windows-based Microsoft environment, and at the same time, possess strong customer service skills. The Systems Admin II serves as a “jack of all trades” when it comes to IT and prioritizes needs in the following order: Security, System availability, Data integrity/back-up, and Desktop support.
The ability to grasp complex technical issues, apply a methodical approach, and speak in laymen’s terms is important; an ability to speak across platforms and to provide quality customer service is key given coordination with external consultants/vendors, on occasional customer interface, and with internal staff who rely on this position for IT support/education. While the position reports to a team leader and helps further the Company’s business security and operational needs, there is a high degree of autonomy. In addition, this person works closely with the CIO/VP IT, other IT team members and IT consultant(s)/vendor(s). This is an intermediate level position.
- Network monitoring (spam, virus, software management)
- Business continuity and disaster planning and management
- Security auditing, design, planning and implementation management
- Establish and test disaster recovery policies and procedures; complete back-ups; maintain documentation
- Perform operational maintenance tasks (i.e., patch management, software upgrades, security monitoring, firmware upgrades, UPS monitoring, obsolete files and testing)
- Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures
- Develop and assess business continuity plans to ensure critical business functions are available to tenants, suppliers, regulators and other entities that require access
IT Service & Operations Management:
- Work with Company leadership to develop a strategic plan with production, productivity, quality and customer service standards in mind:
- Evaluate, recommend, test and install new technology
- Identify trends; determine system improvements; implement change
- Consult with office personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, and suggest changes
- Manage Company technology partnerships in the areas of: equipment procurement/warranty/support, network security, phones/Internet, wireless service, copier, licensing, security monitoring, back-up and user training
- Streamline office services by organizing office operations and procedures to aid employees in being most efficient/providing customer service
- Evaluate the efficiency of procedures, standards and overall operations
- Improve systems by studying current practices, designing modifications
- Manage user/workstation operational requirements
- Maintain software licenses, password lists and company hardware inventory
- Make recommendations on replacements
- Provide historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records
- Prepare technical reports and manuals on the operation of systems
- Document user procedures and processes
- Maintain/update existing software solutions, as necessary
Systems Design and Implementation:
- Serve as project manager on projects relating to the installation of hardware, software and custom programming development solutions
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget and overseeing to completion including employee training
- Manage and/or coordinate installation, upgrade, or deployment projects, including providing on-site direction for additional network engineers
- Systems upgrade implementation, planning and management
- Establish systems in conjunction with outside IT vendors by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, networks, and operating system management systems
- Document the above as a critical piece of the Company’s infrastructure
Help Desk Management:
- Provide desktop, network and server support
- Provide application support, to include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve client network and workstation issues
- Resolve day to day technical problems; coordinate and resolve end user support
- Design and conduct training programs; providing references and support
- Write and maintain user documentation
- Document service and installation actions
- Other duties as assigned and/or required
- Ideal candidates will have a background as a client engineer and have worked for a small business or broader/multi-faceted role in a larger organization
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.