Aircraft Systems Engineer – Engine Controls
Aircraft Systems Engineer – Engine ControlsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Systems Engineer – Engine Controls in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
The Systems Engineer will interface with Design Engineering, Applications Engineering, Test Engineering, Customers, and Suppliers on a regular basis. Participation in flight tests may be required depending on the level of controller integration required at the customer base. Review of the flight test data may be required to understand variations in controller stability in a dynamic profile and refine the controller parameters to yield a perfectly stable system for the customer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Systems Engineer works as an integral part of the Client’s team to design, select, integrate, and validate appropriate electrical, mechanical components for use on the engine control system.
- Responsible for developing electrical and mechanical requirements ranging from high level system requirements to architecture level requirements that meet the intent of overall engine system.
- The engineer will be working with suppliers to select components that meet the component level requirements of the engine system and following standard systems engineering principle to integrate it on the overall system.
- Review and oversee system testing, controller stability testing, fine tuning of the controller to meet customer requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering with a focus in dynamic system modeling is preferred or a:
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with a focus in control systems
- Master’s Degree in the above fields is a plus and may be substitued for industry experienceUnderstanding of ECU technology is desirable
- Understanding of control laws is strongly preferred
- 3-7 years previous experience in the aviation or automotive industry is required
- Test plan creation, documentation, reporting skills required
- Software skills including Matlab, Simulink is preferred
- Excellent presentation skills required – MS Office Suite conversant (Powerpoint, Excel, Access, Project, Word)
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time required
- Understanding of Six Sigma methodologies desirable
- Knowledge/use of Aerospace standards is a plus (DO-178, DO-160, etc.)
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.