Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Systems Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and coordinating the development and verification of requirements, specifications, statements of work, test plans, managing risks, issues and opportunities (RIO) and design reviews.
- Conduct system-of-systems modeling, operations analysis, and requirements decomposition for development and production products.
- Define and trace vehicle design requirements, test data, and performance values associated with engineering and manufacturing development of the aircraft and its subsystems.
- Coordinate and execute milestone project reviews, technical reviews, and decision tradeoff analysis.
- Develop requirement and requirements specifications for the air system and subsystems, support development of requirements and specifications for component and assemblies.
- Develop operational models using the DoD Architecture Framework.
- Use Model Based Systems Engineering principles to develop SysML systems descriptions.
- Manage program reviews to include Systems Requirements and System Functional Reviews, Preliminary Design and Critical Design Reviews.
- Collaborate with design engineers in the development of Statements of Work.
- Coordinate with design engineers, specialty engineering, flight technology and build team to ensure a coherent set of requirements is being developed.
- Execute design reviews at the Tier I and Tier II level, ensuring all necessary deliverables are complete and to the required standard.
- Assist in the management of the program product lifecycle management tool for the program.
- Work with IPTs to develop verification plans for each subsystem.
- Perform RIO development and tracking with program management and support IPT RIO management.
- Track and capture design decision notices, impacts and design changes as they occur throughout the program.
- Bachelor of Science in applicable Engineering Discipline (Systems, Aerospace, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required)
- Masters degree preferred.
- 5-7+ years engineering in the Aerospace industry
- Ability to apply systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate systems engineering activities and report status.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams.
- Familiarity with aerospace design and verification processes to include; requirements develop and verification, preliminary and detailed design.
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly preferred
- Experience in SysML, MBSE and DoDAF modeling
- Proficiency with MagicDraw
- System-of-systems modeling experience
- Parametric modeling and simulation
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.