Systems Engineers (Level 2)
Systems Engineers (Level 2)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Systems Engineers in Grand Prairie, Texas.
Hiring Note: Active Secret clearance is required to start. Please add clearance status to top of your resume.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Seeking an experienced GNC System Engineer to support analysis of the Ground System portion of an Integrated Air & Missile Defense (IAMD) Battle Command System.
- Support for system performance assessments and trade studies will be required.
- Support the integration, test, verification and validation of the system and various subsystems, including ground system fire control algorithms.
- Prior missile system design experience is required.
- This position will perform some combination of the following: Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) assignments: With limited supervision perform high fidelity Missile 6DOF simulation combined with fire control algorithms, Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) design, and simulation analysis.
- Develop and analyze guidance, navigation and autopilot algorithms.
- Design target tracking systems which generally include target state estimation and target/detection association.
- Working onsite in Grand Prairie, TX in a closed area environment is required.
- 2 – 5 years of experience is required.
- Must be USC.
- Experience with optimal state estimation filters such as KALMAN and Extended KALMAN filter (EKF).
- Ability to perform design and analyses of terrestrial navigation and navigation state error estimation.
- Ability to contribute to the definition of an operational flight program (OFP) with integrated high fidelity 6DOF simulations.
- Ability to support preflight system performance assessment and post flight verification analysis.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming and MATLAB.
- Hardware-In-The-Loop (HWIL) simulation experience is desired.
- Flight software integration and verification experience is a plus.
- Missile flight test experience is a plus.
- RF knowledge desired.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.