Systems Engineers (Level 3)
Systems Engineers (Level 3)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Systems Engineers (Level 3) in Orlando, Florida.
Hiring Note: Active Secret clearance with a 6-year investigation is required to start. Please add clearance status to top of your resume.
System Safety Engineer to support development and qualification under Tactical Missiles Advanced Programs. <br> The selected candidate will work a MIL-STD-882 DoD System Safety Program.
- Development of System Safety Program Plans (SSPP) and Hazardous Materials Management Plans (HMMP), Preparation of data packages and briefing material, with subsequent presentation to program reviews, and safety boards (e.g. NNMSB, FISTRP, SSSTRP and WSESRB)
- Performance and / or support of Hazard analyses such as Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA), Preliminary Hazard List (PHL), Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), System Requirements Hazard Analysis, Subsystem Hazard Analysis, System Hazard Analysis (SHA), preliminary Operational and Support Hazard Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), bent pin analysis / energy trace, and Safety Assessment Reports (SAR)
- Provide technical expertise to the customer’s System Safety Working Group (SSWG), Allocated Baseline Reviews (ABRs), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs)
- Develop Explosive Safety, Hazard Classification, and Qualification Program Plan
- Generate and review system and subsystem requirements for safety; Evaluation of design for safety compliance
- Evaluation of design for compliance; Coordination of flight test safety data and range safety requirements review and analyses
- Development and interpretation of System Safety requirements / flow-down requirements
- Conduct of safety checklists and inspections; Support to design and test readiness reviews
- Review and influence of test procedures for safety
- This position will require travel to support program requirements.
- Must sit onsite at the facility.
- Must be USC.
- Active secret required to start.
- Active Secret security clearance w/ 6-year investigation.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Science, Math or related field.
- 8+ years’ experience, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Ability to influence hardware and software design for safety.
- Experience developing / interpreting system safety requirements/flow-down requirements.
- Experience performing safety hardware / software hazard analysis.
- Experience developing / presenting safety data to support US Government Safety Review Board to achieve weapon safety certifications.
- Ability to initiate and sustain a MIL-STD-882 Type DoD System Safety Program for missile system.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with people across all organizational levels
- Experience with flight test safety analyses and range safety on-site support is a significant plus.
- Experience supporting Government conducted tests and providing Safety analysis of test incidents.
- System Safety engineer with warhead and rocket motor fusing, sensor, and software safety experience.
- Self-starter capable of performing assigned tasks with very little or no direction.
- Military Experience. Reliability and Maintainability Engineering knowledge Program Data.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.