Systems Field Application Engineers
Systems Field Application EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Systems Field Application Engineers in Columbia, South Carolina!
Robust relocation package – Generous bonus program – Healthy base salary!
STS Technical Services has a permanent opening for a Systems Field Application Engineer within a global supplier for railway track maintenance. You’ll work hand in hand servicing their clients after the rail maintenance system has been commissioned to identify gaps and deliver a specification to fill the need.
Based out of Colombia South Carolina, you’ll travel to client sites, working in the field troubleshooting hardware, wiring, and software correcting minor issues on the spot and escalating more complex issues to the appropriate departments.
In short, we’re looking for a ‘tinkerer’ – someone who has a natural interest in understanding the root issues on heavy mobile equipment and can take ownership of returning that equipment to an operable state.
Although the role is within a Railway company, rail experience is NOT required. We’re interested in speaking with anyone who has this skill in a heavy mobile equipment capacity (Agriculture, Military Vehicle, Mining etc)
This Multifaceted Role Includes:
- Performing customer site surveys and evaluation for products to meet customer needs. Identify solutions within existing or modified product; or document specifications for new product development
- Perform installation or work with contractors to install prototype systems including on site troubleshooting and correcting issues as needed
- Perform configuration changes to meet the needs of the customer
- Make modifications to hardware and/or software as needed for to solve unique customers’ applications of Protran products
- Coordinate as needed with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and other internal departments
- Provide technical support and training to the field support team on new product introduction
- Perform other reasonably related tasks as assigned by management
- BS in engineering (Electronic, Electrical, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Mechatronics) with 3+ years of experience OR
- AAS/high school diploma or GED with 5+ years of experience
- Must have experience levels listed above in developing software in C or C++
A. Education or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hardware Development Experience
- Wireless networking design and development experience
- CANBus network experience (SAE J1939 or CAN Open) and other fieldbus systems
B. Interpersonal Skills
- The ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with customers
- The ability to independently represent Harsco Rail in a professional manner
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively across functions and levels, internally and with customers and suppliers
C. Technical Skills
- Familiar with simple mechanical design, software and microprocessor circuit designs.
- Knowledgeable of industry standard hardware / software development principles and practices
- The willingness and ability to travel via automobile, commercial airlines and other public transportation, domestically and internationally, approximately 40% of the time
- The ability to walk/travel over uneven ground (ballast) for up to one mile
- The ability to climb vertical ladders of up to 12 feet
- The ability to crawl under machines and other tight spaces.
- The ability to use common hand and power tools for installation of products.
- The ability to read and understand documents and drawings
- The ability to deal politely and professionally with customers and
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.