Systems Safety DER
Systems Safety DERSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Systems Safety DER in Wichita, Kansas!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Authoring System Safety Reports including Aircraft and System Functional Hazard Assessments, Common Mode Analysis, and Zonal Safety Analysis
- Assisting authors with Preliminary System Safety Assessments, and System Safety Assessments. This includes supporting FMEA, fault tree analysis, qualitative and quantitative analysis, etc.
- As an ODA Unit Member will make findings of compliance for the FAA in the above areas
- Assist systems design and engineering teams in ensuring all aspects of 23/25.1309 compliance are addressed including reviewing certification plans, and supporting reports
Education / Experience:
- B.S. or advanced degree in Aeronautical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, Statistics or related technical degree required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in General Aviation or Business Aircraft development programs
- System Safety DER qualifications (FAR 23 or 25)
- Minimum of 7 years experience in System Safety/Reliability and/or aircraft mechanical, avionics or electrical systems design and/or certification is required
- Experience with domestic and foreign aircraft certification process is required
- Knowledge of the safety assessment processes outlined in AC 23.1309-1D SAE ARP 4761/4754A and the draft version of AC 25.1309 is required
- A working knowledge of DO-178 & DO-254 is desired
- A working knowledge of AC25.1302 relevant to System Safety is desired
- Experience in system assessment using modeling tools such as Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (FMEA), (Failure Modes and Effect Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Block Diagram (RBD), and Fault Trees Analysis (FTA) is desired
- Ability to use Reliability Workbench (Fault Tree+) is desired
- Experience with fault tree modeling tools such as Fault Tree+, Relex, and CAFTA is desired
- Experience with Microsoft Office software application and working environment is required
- The candidate must be able to work in a team environment and be able to clearly communicate thoughts and ideas with peers, management, and certification authorities
- Previous experience with mechanical and/or electrical systems design is beneficial
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.