STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Tank Mechanics in Fort Knox, Kentucky.
In this role, you will work to repair Abrams tanks and troubleshoot all aspects of the engine, communication systems, parts/components. You will also work to provide input to program planning, schedules, and maintenance techniques of the Abrams fleet of vehicles and other traced/wheeled variants. This is a tremendous opportunity to work for a company that holds industry leading standards for defense and also is on the leading edge of an industry boom.
Tank Mechanic Job Responsibilities:
- Experienced Abrams maintenance mechanic, familiar with the modification and maintenance tasks on the variations of the Abrams Tanks (M1A1ED, M1A2SEP V2, M104, HAB) and other tracked/wheeled vehicles
- Provide input to program planning, schedules, and maintenance techniques for the Abrams Fleet Vehicles and other tracked/wheeled vehicles
- Identify technical problems and assist Field Service Representative in performing maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leadership responsible for maintenance.
- Must have one (1) or more years of maintenance experience on tracked/wheeled vehicles; preferably on the Abrams Tanks
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to effectively communicate (both orally & in writing) and interact with internal & external customers
- Ability to operate in a team and cross functional environment
- Efficient knowledge of Microsoft Applications
- Must be able to gain access to US Military facilities or bases Required to work at heights, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to climb, kneel, stoop, bend and work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions
- Must be a U.S. person; Must posses a valid State Driver’s License and be able to obtain a tank driver’s license if required; Must meet the anthropometric requirements to entry into the driver’s station or into an enclosed military vehicle
- Must have overall understanding of customer contacts and relationships
- Maintain accountability of assigned tools and property
- Adhere to shop safety operations
- Be able to work autonomously with government personnel.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.