STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Technical Illustrators Sr. in Savannah, Georgia.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
Prepare, construct, and revise of Orthographic illustrations, Axonometric projections, Wiring and Schematic diagrams for technical aircraft manuals and other related graphical publications utilizing electronic methodology. Must create and manipulate graphics and using MicroStation and CADAM technical illustrating system. Must be functionally literate with 3 dimensional graphics, surfaces, wiring frames, and solids.
- Prepare, construct and revise MicroStation data (3-D, and 2-D data)
- Prepare, construct, and revise orthographic illustrations, axonometric projections, and Wiring/Schematic diagrams on MicroStation
- Determine optimum graphic approach; independently prepare master artwork, charts, visual, booklets, and signs, working with all aspects of graphic arts production by utilizing electronic illustrating equipment
- Work with engineers, technical writers, customers, vendors, and suppliers to effectively visualize and conceptualize graphic design problems to include technical as well as non-technical graphics, color separations, overlays, and comprehensive type requirements
- Ensure illustrations conform to corporate, ATA 100, FAA, and commercial aircraft technical manual specifications and Gulfstream style requirements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of artwork techniques, materials, and equipment
- Experience working with equipment related to and associated with electronic illustrating tools, including: High-resolution scanners, PCs and related illustration software, printers, general knowledge of electronic publishing systems, related printers and data requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 years exp in electronic technical illustrating
- Ability to operate Micro-Station, Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe illustration software
- EWIS (Electrical Wiring Interconnection System) best practices, S1000D Technical Publication Specification, STE (Simplified Technical English), and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) database experience desired
- Ability to read and interpret wiring schematics, blueprints and engineering orders
- Background familiarity with CADAM, Catia, and CCD. Mainframe user level operations, networks, and scanners. SmarTeam experience a plus
- Knowledge of import/export of data files such as: (.dxf, tiff, .cgm, and iges) and electronic publishing are desirable qualities
- Knowledge of 3-D modeling and animation
- Working knowledge of Right Hemisphere software
- Video, motion or animation graphics experience a plus
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.