Technical Service Specialists II
Technical Service Specialists IISTS
STS Technical Services on behalf of Wacker Neuson is hiring Technical Service Specialists II in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
The Technical Service Specialist II will support Wacker Neuson product lines by providing repair assistance, after sales product support and communication to the Field Sales Force and Field Service Training network. This position will assist in warranty administration for domestic and international dealers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides written and verbal repair assistance through the telephone, e-mail, the web or fax, in a customer friendly manner to worldwide Wacker Neuson customers.
- Interacts with lead factory technical support agents on complex issues.
- Document and record all activities as required by Wacker Neuson in assigned systems.
- Identifies commonly requested information from customers and authors short technical articles addressing the information.
- Provides after sales support for an assigned product or group of products through proper repair techniques, assistance with finding the appropriate spare parts.
- Assists in identifying when a Technical Information Bulletin (TI) is required, and the type of TI required for the situation.
- Assists in processing and approving warranties as necessary.
- Interacts with Technical Support Specialist I to inspect and analyze failed parts and communicate findings to customer.
- Interacts with Design Engineers, Product Managers and facilitates change through Product Development requests.
- Reports product issues to the Technical Service Manager, Quality Assurance and Design Engineering.
- Participates in quality meetings to provide product feedback to Wacker Neuson.
- Provides technical information to the Field Sales Force and Field Service Trainers relating to assigned products.
- Participates in field sales and service functions.
- Travels with Field Service team members and participates in service schools.
- Assists with the Field Service Training seminars to provide knowledge about assigned products.
- Remains current with up to date knowledge on all Wacker Neuson equipment, parts, changes, improvements and equipment applications.
- Stays abreast of the latest computer technologies and becomes proficient in the use of programs and systems.
- Supports and assists the Aftermarket and Technical Services Group as necessary to attain goals and align with GIPI strategy.
- Other projects as assigned by the department manager.
- Performs all job functions is a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices and/or conditions to supervisor.
- An Associate’s Degree in related field is required. A Bachelor’s Degree in a related business program or engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of hands on mechanical / electrical experience in a related field, preferably in automotive, industrial, construction or agriculture industries.
- Excellent electrical and hydraulic troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of two cycle, four cycle and diesel engines. Understanding of current emission control systems is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic systems and ability to read schematics. Focus on mobile hydraulics similar to ones used in excavators and loaders.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and ability to read schematics.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel up to 10%, including globally.
- Passport required for global travel.
Physical Demands and/or Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to use a keyboard, calculator, and telephone.
- Frequent sitting, talking, hearing, and occasionally stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, lift (10 lbs.), and an ability to adjust vision for close vision work.
- Up to 10% of time spent in manufacturing environments around industrial equipment.
- Able to travel up to 10% to other Company locations including international locations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 262-439- 7497.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.