Technical Support Representatives
Technical Support RepresentativesSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Technical Support Representatives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- JOB TITLE: Technical Service Representative I
- DEPARTMENT: Sales
- REPORTS TO: Technical Service Supervisor
- STATUS: Salaried, Non-exempt
- JOB SUMMARY: Developing essential skills and competencies as outlined below.
- Answer telephone calls, e-mails and letters from customers and end users concerning products and complaints.
- Administer RMA claims in the warranty program including customer contact, data entry, disposition of claims and returned product. Some repair of product returned under warranty and the development and maintenance of warranty reports is required.
- Understanding of the operation of machinery and equipment.
- Developing ability to utilize tools such as drills, grinders, welder, etc.
- Developing ability to troubleshoot and repair snow and ice removal equipment.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume.
- Must have Valid State driver’s license, Ability to meet DOT requirements to operate a DOT registered vehicle, ability to obtain a passport for business travel outside the U.S., ability to be
licensed to operate a fork truck
- Assist in the development/improvement of training materials, product displays, training aids and presentations. Train distributor/sub dealer personnel and end users at individual, regional and factory locations in product knowledge, troubleshooting and repair of all Douglas Dynamics Snow and Ice Equipment.
- Install, service and maintain products on Regional Sales Manager demo vehicles. Provide Sales, Advertising and Marketing department with support for sales events and photo shoots
requiring assembly and presentation of product.
- Participate in fit-up checks of current kits on new model/year trucks and assist the Innovations
- Department in field tests of newly designed products.
- Proof read all technical literature for content, grammar and clarity.
- Follow all company rules, procedures and policies. Maintain a safe work area and equipment. Promptly reports or resolves any unsafe condition.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and/or high school diploma or equivalent plus six months to one year experience and/or training in hydraulic and
12V electrical systems.
- Manufacturing experience helpful but not required.
- Communicates efficiently, effectively and professionally as perceived by the internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm that is undeniably perceived by internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to accept and support changes in procedures, products, and services and offer constructive feedback throughout the developmental process.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with wide-ranging personality.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively in a team environment across discipline and geographical boundaries.
- Developing ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, electrical and hydraulic schematics, and safety rules.
- Developing ability to speak effectively before the public and distributor/dealer personnel.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.