STS Technical Services is hiring Technical Trainers to work for a top-notch automotive dealership in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. This is a direct hire opportunity, with part time and full time positions available.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of diesel vehicles and the ability to train new and existing diesel technicians.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continuously evaluate the skill level of retail and fleet technicians, develop training and schedules, and measure progress to accelerate the learning of all technicians
- Assist Service Managers in conducting assessment of technician training needs to meet organizational and customer needs
- Monitor technician efficiencies, comebacks and other metrics to recommend training opportunities
- Coordinate the development of customized and third-party training programs
- Facilitate classroom and hands-on training at various dealership locations; training may include one-on-one, small and/or large group settings
- Develop a training curriculum incorporating OEM and other vendor training products and training tools as needed
- Work with Service Managers to ensure technicians obtain and maintain necessary OEM and ASE certifications
- Ensure CDL, forklift and other required license and certifications are maintained
- Administer training reports to monitor training effectiveness
- Maintain employee training and certification records
- Work with Service Managers to ensure apprentice technicians complete program modules as scheduled and demonstrate ability to competently apply training to repairs
- Ensure the apprentice program content remains current and meets the needs of the business and aligns with OEM and ASE recommendations and/or requirements
- Assist technicians with complex technical issues; occasional visits to customers may be needed to provide technical and troubleshooting support
- Collaborate with area technical schools, high schools and other industry groups to help communicate industry needs and guide the development of curriculum to meet the needs of the transportation industry
- Support Service Managers with the technician hiring process; assist with evaluating skill level and training needs once on-boarded
Skills, Knowledge, and/or Experience Required:
- Requires mechanical knowledge of diesel & gasoline powered vehicles
- Proven ability to develop training content and deliver classroom or hands-on technical training
- Strong communication and presentation skills; comfortable speaking in front of small and large groups
- Experience with shifting priorities and meeting deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and relevant training software
- ASE Master Technician certifications
- Minimum 2-year degree in diesel technology from an accredited technical school or industry recognized program
- Minimum 8-years of technical training experience
- Minimum 5-years management or supervisory experience
- Continuing Education: Trainer must remain educated on the latest commercial truck products and truck technology
- Must be able to lift 75lbs and carry a distance of 5 feet
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 37838