STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Technical Writers in Greencastle, Pennsylvania.
Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 Best Places to Work, and 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Use your Technical Writing experience to develop, write and edit material for operation and service manuals, kit instructions, bulletins and related technical publications in print or electronic media by performing the following duties.
- Analyzes new products and design changes to identify technical manual requirements.
- Attends product design meetings to determine impact on manuals.
- Estimates and schedules development time requirements for projects.
- Coordinates meetings and activities as needed with engineering, service, safety, warranty, marketing and outside suppliers to gather, refine and validate information to support assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Develops, writes and revises operation manual, service, kit instruction and bulletin content using publishing and illustrating software, which adheres to documentation guidelines and templates to ensure the resulting materials are substantively complete and exhibit a professional and consistent “look and feel.”
- Understands bill of material concept.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and other related engineering design and manufacturing documentation as required.
- Coordinate proofing of final copy, prior to release
- Assists and/or trains subordinate technical writers as needed.
- Provides assistance to internal and external customers in the use of operator and service manuals.
- Maintain appropriate relationships with staff members of the following departments: engineering, safety, service, warranty, marketing, purchasing and training.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5-plus years related experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of construction equipment systems and components
- Knowledge of electrical and hydraulic systems and schematics
- Experience with Adobe FrameMaker, CorelDraw, PTC Illustrate, PTC Abortext, PTC Windchill, Creo Parametric
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you (see above). If you would like to learn more about that package, or this incredible career opportunity, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.