STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Technical Writers in Greensboro, North Carolina.
The Technical Writer will work independently and as part of a team to author a set of airplane technical manuals (AFM, AMM, CMM, IPC, WDM, SRM) from engineering, manufacturing, flight, and supplier data. The writer shall be able to research within Engineering drawing structure to find all necessary supporting documents.
- Research technical information to develop technical documents.
- Ability to develop airplane illustrated parts catalog from engineering drawings, blueprints, manufacturing, flight, bills of material, and supplier data; using the industry system of indenture.
- Work independently and as part of a team to help revise a set of airplane technical manuals (AFM, AMM, CMM, WDM, SRM) from engineering, manufacturing, flight, and supplier data.
- Ability to create line art to illustrate aircraft parts and assemblies for use in aircraft technical manuals, parts catalogs and other related publications.
- Able to develop isometric technical illustrations from scratch using basic technical illustration principles.
- Experienced in interpreting blueprints, detailed engineering specifications, and schematics (electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic).
- Exhibit strong attention to detail and be an excellent communicator, verbally and through graphic visualizations
- Aviation technical writing experience required.
- Knowledge of technical publication’s regulatory requirements and Industry Writing Specifications (ATA , GAMA, DITA and S1000D).
- Experience authoring documentation in structured Adobe Framemaker (SGML, XML) and Cortona3D/Xmetal RapidAuthor (ATA task numbering; typical DTDs/schema, elements and attributes) or other .xml authoring software.
- Experience with MS Office suite.
- Experience using CAD/CATIA/3D illustrations.
- Experience with Teamcenter PLM system.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and technical documentation, including illustrated parts catalogs, airplane maintenance manuals, operator manuals, and installation instructions
- Past aviation maintenance or assembly work
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and personal organization
- A fundamental understanding of FARs as they apply to aircraft operations, maintenance and design certification.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Self-starter and able to make sound writing decisions with minimum assistance from supervision.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.