Technical Writers (REQ# 182595)
Technical Writers (REQ# 182595)STS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Technical Writers in Savannah, Georgia.
Directly responsible (either individually or with other team members) for the development of technical publications. This can include special projects, research and development, and aircraft safety-related content. Support the complete workflow process to ensure successful development and revision of technical publications. Comply with established quality processes to ensure accuracy, ease of use, and timely delivery of content.
- With minimal to no supervision, use aircraft technical data to develop technical content that provides the information necessary for efficient return to service of the aircraft.
- Conduct reviews, analysis, and modification of technical documents to gain a thorough understanding of complex aircraft system operation.
- Provide training support on complex system operation and technical publications software and processes.
- Participate with publications team to ensure department workflows and business processes are followed.
- Proactively conduct discussions with internal/external customers in the development of source data, making sure it meets technical publication requirements.
- Directly collaborate with Research and Development, Production, Completions Center, and Customer Support personnel to develop, review, and approve technical procedures.
- Provide process improvement recommendations to leadership that can reduce overall department cost and/or increase productivity.
- Contribute to development and continuous improvement of department styles, standards, operating procedures, and priorities.
- Provide input to leadership on new processes or technology to enhance the Technical Publications business model.
- Assist in the development of solutions to resolve technical data challenges.
- Collaborate with leadership, team members, and other departments to develop/implement special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- 4 years technical publications experience, to include using industry standards to develop/revise technical documents in word processing applications.
- Knowledge of basic aircraft system methodology or equivalent technology is required.
- Proficiency in computer technology/software and typing skills is required.
- An A&P license and 4 years of related aircraft experience in addition to the four (4) years technical publications experience may offset the degree.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft system methodology gained through practical experience is required.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills are required.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering data is required. Experience with 3-D data is desired.
- Thorough knowledge of aircraft/hand tools, test equipment, parts nomenclature, maintenance procedures, and aircraft equipment (obtained through experience, research, or training) is required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.