STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Test Engineers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Evaluates systems and components to be tested by working closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) and senior test engineers on assigned projects.
- Assists SMEs in the development of validation and verification (V&V) test plans and procedures on assigned new product development (NPD) or issue resolution projects.
- Performs, documents, and reports on engineering tests both in a lab, or field environment.
- Performs lab safety training and audits for those personnel using the lab.
- Assists with FMEAs or other reliability activities on assigned projects.
- Maintains and/or configures lab motor/drive controls, electrical and mechanical systems, and test instrumentation.
- Develops LabView code to perform automated testing and data acquisition as required.
- Occasionally supervises independent testing performed by SMEs in the lab.
- Applies data acquisition systems to equipment and machines in a lab or field environment to capture and analyze pertinent technical data.
- Occasionally supervises the work of technicians and contractors on testing programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical preferred)
- Minimum 2 – 5 years of experience as a Test/Reliability Engineer; Off-Highway or Mobile
- Equipment experience highly desirable.
- US Citizen with a valid passport or ability to obtain one.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills necessary for writing test reports and occasional presentations.
- Possesses mechanical aptitude to assist with installing/configuring electrical and mechanical equipment and components in a lab environment.
- Experience with typical test instrumentation such as VOMs, DMMs, DAQ systems, etc.
- Experience testing AC / DC electric motor controls and systems
- Experience with using and programming LabView test systems.
- Experience with Reliasoft or other reliability analytical tools a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to work both independently and as a major contributor on a team.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.