STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Test Technicians in Augusta, Georgia.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
Provide support to the test department such as building test fixture, performing tests, instrumentation and data acquisition, part procurement, part/vehicle modification and shop cleaning.
- Complete assigned work orders within time frame given
- Perform instrumentation on a wide range of unit and components. Instrumentation will include but limited to: thermocouple, LVDT, string pot, current clamp, stain gauge, pressure transducer, flow transducer, accelerometer, etc.
- Perform data acquisition with Edaq or equivalent
- Run, maintain, inspect units and components being tested
- Use a wide range of fastener hardware and a wide range of hand tools as well as power tools
- Assist with simple machine work such as cutting stock to length on saw and using hand drill or drill press to drill holes in parts
- Complete a PO requisition and or move ticket to expedite the required in-house or outside parts for assembling prototype equipment
- Work with engineer to perform testing
- Read blueprints or group drawings to ensure proper assembly of prototype
- Work with limited supervision
- Communicate well with others and work in a manner to support a team environment
- Responsible for maintaining communication to appropriate management and support personnel concerning projects, safety, and any issues as they arise
- Perform to company standard 5’s program
- Overtime may be required in this position
- Performs other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by engineer or manager
- Must perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, Local, State and Federal provisions
- 2 year technical degrees after high school
- Experience working on heavy duty vehicles or line mechanical assembly manufacturing
- Experience with assembling, repairing and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Experience with instrumentation and data acquisition
- General ability to identify and work with manufacturing materials, hardware, tools, electrical components, instrumentation, data acquisition
- Must have the ability to read blueprints or group drawings and bill of material
- Must have ability to use shop related tools and equipment
- Continuous standing, sitting, lifting, bending and stooping
- Must have the ability to work outside during any season
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and more with assistance
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.