Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Test Technicians in Melbourne, Florida.
This is a long-term contract position that is available immediately.
Test Technician II
2nd and 3rd shift available
Contract Includes: Weekend days
Contract Duration: Long term
Location: Melbourne, FL 32935
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support engineering with moderately complex engineering duties and/or hands-on tasks
- Work independently for several days
- Competent technical expertise
- Comfortable with the shop/laboratory and equipment
- Assists in design, build and/or procurement of new or improved machines, tools, fixtures and material handling equipment and coordinating the implementation
- Responsible for completing process documentation, bill of materials, route sheets, etc.
- Reviews project instructions and drawings to ascertain test specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of technical problem and possible solutions, and to support the design for manufacture
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified electrical and/or mechanical components or assemblies for products
- Sets up and conducts tests of units and components
- Analyzes test results related to the design and test objectives and adjusts equipment to bring within specifications
- Records these test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test methods
- Provides and develops documentation to maintain equipment
- May lead technician teams in development or mentor other technicians
- Provides hands-on feedback to engineers
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Assist in the development of plant layouts, manufacturing methods and process improvements
- May coordinate maintenance projects
- Mentor and coach less experienced technicians
Years’ Experience Level of Education:
- 1+ years High school diploma or GED
If you have questions about the career responsibilities associated with this position, or perhaps you’d like to learn more about the benefits package being offered, then call 1-800-359-4787 and speak with an STS Recruiter. We are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Thanks so much for taking the time, and we look forward to working with you soon.