STS Technical Services is now hiring Test Technicians to join our Fortune 350 Client in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
In this role, you will work to test brand new military equipment to test and diagnose manufacturing errors and add optional packages to the vehicles. This is a tremendous opportunity to work for a company that holds industry leading standards for defense and also is on the leading edge of an industry boom.
*Travel up to 50% to off-site location as necessary*
- Operate and maintain equipment and perform other general mechanical duties, such as complete component changes, modifications, teardowns, and reassembly
- Test and develop new vehicles and/or components, conduct safety and road ability inspections
- Perform tests of systems and components to assure proper operation
- Conceive and fabricate test fixtures, including establishing appropriate instrumentation and test sequence and procedures
- Perform tests to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations
- Record and report test data
- Investigate and trouble-shoot problems and participate in formulation of corrective action
- Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis, and follow detailed test procedures
- Draw basic sketches as relates to redesigned hardware
- Plan and schedule work activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time
- Communicate effectively
- Have a friendly manner and cooperative attitude in dealings with other employees and customers
- Follow established departmental and other required procedures
- Willingly assists others as necessary to meet deadlines
- Preserve high standard of safety during all aspects of job performance which includes exposure to personal and physical hazards on regular basis
- Maintain high standard of cleanliness and order in working area for reasons of safety and efficiency
- Two year technical/Associate’s Degree or 3+ year’s relevant experience
- 6-plus months or more of related electronics systems installation and test support experience
- Proficiency in fabrication skills such as welding, use of machine shop equipment, etc. is highly desirable
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Technical Services family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-447-0515.
Job ID: 38156