Tool & Fixture Specialists
Tool & Fixture SpecialistsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Tool & Fixture Specialists in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Works under supervision with limited understanding of the job. Performs simple tool set up activities. Follow detailed verbal or written instructions to make minor repairs. Performs manufacture, assembly and fabrication of tools. Operates various factory support equipment to move materials and tools as required. Provides tooling support to other organizations. Assists in determining fabrication and assembly processes for the design. Assists in reverse engineering design and fabrication processes for parts.
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, and/or cultures.
- Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Originates action to improve existing conditions and processes; uses appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implements solutions, and measures impact.
- Demonstrates an interest in personal learning and development.
- Seeks feedback from multiple sources about how to improve and develop; modifies behavior based on feedback or self-analysis of past mistakes. Takes steps to develop and maintain the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform.
- Provide a means to generate giant leaps in performance and capabilities of the user using equipment and methodology.
- Possess knowledge of hardware and software components which, when properly integrated, enable a specific process to be realized.
- Understand that all technology enables something.
- Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Planning and organizing<br> Effectively plan what is to be achieved and involve all relevant stakeholders.
- Anticipate important or critical events, identifying resource requirements and assigning responsibility for specific work, including deadlines and performance expectations.
- Demonstrate the use of information -gathering techniques, analyzing situations and identifying implications in order to make correct decisions. Demonstrate ability to monitor progress and to make changes as required.
- Obtains information and identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; commits to a course of action to accomplish a long-range goal or vision after developing alternatives based on logical assumptions, facts, available resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and motivation to combine the teams energy and expertise to achieve a common objective.
- Understands the dynamics of effective teamwork in order to attain higher levels of performance.
- Demonstrates ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to understand the big picture and the inter-relationships of all positions and activities in the system, including the impact of changes in one area on another area. This includes the ability to see and understand the inter-relationships between components of systems and plans, anticipate future events, and apply the principles of systems thinking to accelerate performance.
- Must be willing to work ALL shifts – starting shift may be 6AM – 2:30PM
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.