Toolmakers (REQ# 184763)
Toolmakers (REQ# 184763)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Toolmakers in Savannah, Georgia.
Under general supervision, lay out and construct tools from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches. Perform the necessary calculations of the material needed to do the job.
- Set up and operate tool shop machinery and equipment to fabricate and assemble quality tooling from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches.
- Perform calculations of materials needed and the speed and feeds required. on all of the machining functions.
- Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; check own work for conformance to specifications.
- Assist with tool prove out on new and reworked detail tooling.
- Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Operate cart and forklift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 3 years machine shop experience and/or machine shop training at a Vocational Technical School.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must have a good understanding and ability to apply shop math.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.