Track Vehicle Mechanics (OCONUS)
Track Vehicle Mechanics (OCONUS)STS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Track Vehicle Mechanics in Ft. Hood, Texas.
Hiring Note: This positions will start in Ft. Hood, Texas and you can either work in Grafenwoehr, Germany or Torun, Poland during your contract.
STS is seeking a Tracked Vehicle Mechanic to provide field maintenance support on Artillery platforms M109A6, M992A2, M109A7, and M992A3. As a Tracked Vehicle Mechanic, you will be responsible for conducting field-level repairs on the M109 Family of Vehicles, performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on US Military equipment in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. You will troubleshoot technical problems and issues on equipment, advise on technical solutions following US Army Technical Manuals for the M109 FOV equipment, and work collaboratively as part of a team under the supervision of a BAE Field Service Engineer/Technician who is a subject matter expert on the M109 FOV.
- Capable of providing field-level maintenance service support on the M109A6 and A7 Artillery Platform.
- Understanding of technical data for operation, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and repair of Artillery M109A6 & A7 equipment or similar tracked combat vehicles.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with supervisors and customers, both internal and external.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and mentor other mechanics if required.
- Competence in understanding and using Technical Manuals, reading and understanding wiring diagrams, and using computer-based programs for data input, report generation, and information presentation if required.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems and provide sound recommendations for solutions.
- Capacity to follow managerial direction, organize and prioritize work schedules on both short-term and long-term bases.
- Commitment to adhering to all Company ethical, safety, and behavioral policies.
- Understanding of the importance of working in a safe manner and the ability to help maintain a safe working environment.
- Prior U.S. Army or Marine Corps experience in the maintenance field, or…
- 4-10 years of relevant maintenance experience working on U.S. Military tracked vehicles, including M109A6 or M109A7 platforms, or…
- Has other U.S. Army vehicle maintenance experience that correlates with the skills required for this position.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have the ability to obtain a security interim clearance for CAC card issuance.
- Must have a valid Passport with at least 2 years of validity remaining.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.