Trade Compliance Managers
Trade Compliance ManagersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Trade Compliance Managers in Jacksonville, Florida.
The Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for maintaining the trade compliance functions of a newly formed manufacturing subsidiary of a multinational aerospace and Defense Company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Trade Compliance Manager specifically will be responsible for administering the company’s import and export compliance programs and working with the company’s Compliance Officers, Legal Department, and the General Manager of the manufacturing facility to implement appropriate controls to ensure the company’s compliance with its legal and regulatory obligations. Developing an export compliance program and manual developing and updating operational policies and standards.
- Managing the company’s import and export compliance programs.
- Coordinating inter-departmental and inter-company trading functions.
- Consulting with internal business units both domestically and internationally, interfacing with freight forwarders, brokers, and regulatory officials to insure the smooth and compliant handling of all aspects of the company’s international shipments (including export, customs, hazardous materials transportation, and ATF requirements).
- Managing customs and export compliance recordkeeping and reporting efforts.
- Monitoring the import and export compliance activities of the company’s Operations, Information Technology, Contracting/Procurement, Human Resources, and Logistics departments.
- Interacting with the company’s suppliers to ensure proper import and export procedures are followed, and training of company employees on import and export compliance obligations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree (desired).
- Over five years of previous work experience in international trade operations and export compliance.
- Excellent knowledge of customs and export control regulations (particularly the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, the Foreign Trade Regulations, OFAC sanctions regulations, and ATF regulations).
- Ability and willingness to become approved to make Automated Export System filings.
- Certified export compliance officers and/or licensed customs brokers preferred.
- Sound planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Access). SAP/Deltek experience is a plus
- Ability to drive performance, influence and lead others in a collaborative environment
- Strong analytical skills and detailed oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a time sensitive environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.