STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Training Specialists in McConnellsburg, Pennsylvania.
Assist with the analysis of customer technical training needs including determination of appropriate content. Gathers, examines and interprets general technical data to determine appropriate training content, objectives, and design. Develops, conducts and evaluates effectiveness of technical training. Uses specialized software technology to research, maintain, update and develop new and existing media and materials. Provide stand-up instruction for the customer (both internal and external).
This is a full time direct hire opportunity with JLG, a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world’s toughest specialty trucks and truck bodies and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
- Assist in and/or lead technical instruction, both presentation-based and hands-on, to an audience of customers on various access equipment platforms.
- Gathers, examines and interprets general technical data by reviewing resource data (i.e. publications, drawings, schematics, interactive electronic technical manuals) to determine the content of training course materials
- Work with a team of Training Specialists to develop general training materials (i.e. Instructor led computer-based training, instructor/student guides) based on design requirements, and objectives in order to deliver customer training
- Updates existing training materials by incorporating technical and procedural changes to maintain currency of course materials
- Supports the evaluation of customer training by observing, measuring, testing, reviewing and analyzing training to ensure that learning objectives are met effectively
- Understands basic technologies with regard to JLG Industries’ products
- Develops strong working relationships with customers, team members and subcontract team members
- Travel as required to other facilities and customer sites
- Perform additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Vocational Education or Communications OR High School Diploma combined with additional equivalent work experience
- Four plus years of related heavy equipment manufacturing, operation and maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to travel (60%)
- Experience delivering training to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience with MS Office and Training Database software
- Technical experience with access equipment
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage after 30 days of employment
- Fantastic opportunities for career advancement
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 16 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Annual Performance Bonuses
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call (507) 517-1713
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.