Transportation PlannersSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Transportation Planners in Madison, Wisconsin.
Big companies don’t make great bikes. Great people do.
We help people make the most of their bike ride by creating some of the most original, easy to enjoy, and best performing bicycle products.
We make bikes for everybody – as cycling develops and grows worldwide, we’re looking for more great people to join us. If you’re looking to enjoy working in a culture of innovation with a team of like-minded people, then we may have something for you here.
If you love riding bikes as much as we do, then we’re already on the same page. Let’s see what we can create together.
Pacific Cycle delivers some of the biggest names in outdoor recreation such as legendary brands Schwinn, Mongoose, and Kid Trax. Our culture is as fun and lively as the lifestyle brands we represent where innovative ideas are welcome and customer satisfaction is top priority. We would like to make you part of our family.
Headquartered in Wisconsin, Pacific Cycle has locations in Illinois, Georgia, California. Our culture is as fun and lively as the lifestyle brands we represent where innovative ideas are welcomed, and customer satisfaction is our top priority. Opportunities at Pacific Cycle span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms and the consumer are the foundation on which we build our bright future. We offer competitive pay and benefits, generous time off, incredible product discounts, and flexibility to work a combination of onsite and remotely!
Join our Madison, WI corporate office as a Transportation Planner responsible for the daily movement of product from our fulfillment centers to the customer.
A few (but not all) of this position’s responsibilities are listed below:
- Routes orders based on shipment terms utilizing customer’s online programming or Pacific Cycle Prepaid routing guide
- Splits collect shipments in SAP based on routing the customer provides
- SCAC’s shipments and releases them to the warehouse for picking/shipping
- Manages shipments to ensure timely routing, routing response, and carrier pick up; informs customer service of any delays in routing or shipping
- Executes the expediting of orders per requests from Customer Service/Sales
- Reviews, edits, manages, enforces and executes on all rules and guidelines pertaining to our customers routing, shipment, and carrier guidelines
- Creates and distributes shipment status reporting for our internal and external customers
Education & Experience Requirements:
This role typically requires at least 1-2 years of related experience in transportation and logistics.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of domestic transportation/warehouse operations
- Knowledge of freight claims, chargeback claims, and freight payment process
- Computer skills in SAP, similar ERP, or TMS program in addition to experience with Windows, Excel, Word, and Access
- Must have the ability to multitask, work with cross functional teams, and have strong customer service skills
- Ability to solve problems and challenges with creativity
- Ability to work in a self-directed team environment
- Knowledge of Supply Chain principles
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.