Traveling Mechanics – Warranty
Traveling Mechanics – WarrantySTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is actively seeking Traveling Mechanics for a Mechanic II role with our Fortune 500 Client in Oshkosh, Wisconsin! In this role, you’ll assemble and/or install a variety of major and minor subassemblies, parts and systems as directed. Typical parts are brackets, wiring, radiators, axles, air systems, hydraulic steering and lines, air lines, electronic lines, valves, tanks, brackets, linkages, etc.
Best part? While on contract every bit of your income can be sent home to your family or stashed into savings because STS covers most expenses.
Why should you apply?
- What is the pay?
- $27.20/hour + Daily Meal Per Diem 7 days per week
- Overtime may be offered and mandated so be prepared to work it.
- 1st shift starting at 6:30 AM.
- 2nd shift starting at 4:00 PM
- Candidates must be available to work either shift
- Staggered dates in November 2023
- Contract Length
- Approximately 6 months. You must be willing to stay the entire length of the contract
- How will you get to Wisconsin?
- STS will fly you there or allow you to drive your own car and expense mileage.
- Where will you stay?
- Accommodations paid for by STS at nearby hotels.
- How will you get to work?
- STS will rent you a car.
- How will you pay for gas?
- STS will reimburse all gas expenses to and from work in a rental car.
- How will you get home at the end of the contract?
- STS will return you to home the same way you came – via flight or car mileage reimbursement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, fit, bend and adjust parts for fit or function as directed
- Drill, ream or tap holes for mounting or clearance as directed
- Measure wire, tubing or hose paths and cut tubing to length as directed
- Fill batteries and accessory grease points and apply sealants as directed
- Startup engine, check dashboard instruments for proper function
- Assemblies weigh up to 10,000 lbs., handle with appropriate equipment, such as cranes, dollies etc. which are provided
- Install various aftermarket parts and assemblies on truck such as brackets, wiring, hydraulic lines, air lines, etc.
- Ability to follow work instructions and quality standards
- Ability to follow engineering prints and bill of materials
- Perform repairs/alterations on vehicles such as drilling holes or modify sheet medal
- Install various harnesses and batteries
- Requires the use of simple arithmetic and some measuring instruments such as caliper or scale
- Diagnose and/or repair problems and provide failure analysis on a follow-up service report on all areas of responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Automotive Field Service and/or Automotive Technical Support areas (extensive mechanical experience)
- Air conditioning certification is preferred.
- Prior experience using pneumatic hand tools, drill, and truck parts
- Ability to read Technical Manuals and blueprints and follow work instructions
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally and present a professional appearance during this project assignment
- Personal protective equipment such as steel toed boots is a contractor requirement.
- Able to perform multi axle wheel alignment.
- Ability to use software and program vehicle computers
- Diesel Mechanic experience
- Experience maintaining and repairing military vehicles
1st Shift* Monday – Thursday 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM, Friday 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM
2nd Shift* Monday – Thursday 4:00 PM to 1:00 AM, Friday 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
* Listed is the current REGULAR schedule. Times are subject to change and overtime may be mandated on Fridays and Saturdays
STS Technical Services
The leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.