Traveling Truck Mechanics
Traveling Truck MechanicsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Traveling Truck Mechanics in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
Hiring Note: This is a traveling position. And while there is a location listed, most third-party platforms require it, you can be based out of anywhere in the United States so long as you are willing to travel with a field services team.
Looking to join an established company with a reputation for quality and innovation and the potential to grow your career? Then you have come to the right spot!
We are looking for a highly self-reliant, customer-focused professional to join our nationwide Field Service Team. Right now, we are offering a special $5000 signing bonus for new mechanics, $2500 paid on hire and $2500 after a year of employment.
Ideally based in northern Arizona, you will work with our customers in the Arizona/Las Vegas corridor and, from time to time, across the country based on customer need. This position is essentially 100% and includes a company truck, per diem and many other travel supports.
As the service division of McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing, we provide factory training to all new service techs—we are the OEM! And, because we are part of the Oshkosh Corporation, you will have access to job opportunities across the Oshkosh family and across the globe.
In this job, you will work on McNeilus and other brand trucks for our customers:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and test equipment issues to resolve problems
- Repair electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and chassis systems
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and trucks as required
- Work safely, accurately and efficiently without close supervision in shop, field and/or customers’ locations
Minimum qualifications for this position:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years’ experience working in the truck and/or heavy equipment repair and maintenance field
- Knowledge of truck electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and chassis systems to troubleshoot, repair, and service a variety of components.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced work environment with minimal supervision
- Good customer service skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented
- Valid driver’s license
- Education and/or certification in truck and heavy equipment systems
- Field service work experience
We offer our employees an outstanding range of benefits, including:
- Day 1 eligibility for medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Up to $10,000 each year for tuition reimbursement so you can pursue your education
- 401k plan with company match, $.50 for every dollar up to 6%
- Company bonus plan, company paid life, short and long-term disability plans
- Quarterly productivity bonus
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution up to $1K per year
- Many, many more!
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.