Vetronics EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Vetronics Engineers in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
STS Technical Services is actively seeking a Vetronics Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, development and integration of complex military combat
vehicle electronic and power distribution systems.
- Requirements analysis, derivation, decomposition and management activities
- Research and analyze solutions to meet customer requirements
- Perform trade studies to compare alternative approaches
- Create and maintain electrical power budgets and allocations
- Develop vehicle electrical (signal, network and video) and power distribution concepts and architectures
- Integration of military lethality, survivability and C5ISR systems
- Develop requirement specifications, drawings, schematics and ICDs
- Perform analytical analysis and simulations to evaluate system performance
- Support CPU, GPU, FPGA, power distribution and harness designs andintegration
- Understand/create/review test requirements and plans
- Support/Monitor prototype development, Component procurement andprototype build/integration/test activities and analyze results
- Support system-integration-lab (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) activities
- Troubleshoot issues and perform corrective actions
- Support/Monitor Vehicle test and analyze results
- Interact with internal/external customers and suppliers
- Understand/create/Manage project schedules
- Maintain project open issues lists and Prepare/present project status
- Support multidiscipline concurrent engineering activities
Candidates Must Have Working Knowledge Of:
- Systems model based design and related Standards/Processes
- Digital, analog, low/high-voltage power, computing bus architecture
and RF (radios, GPS, …)
- Mechatronics and electrical vehicle engineering and integration
- BSc Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, Aerospace, Automotive)
- 5 years’ experience with vetronics
- Applied working knowledge in the domain of electrical engineering design and systems integration, with a proven track record of product development throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Experience with standard bus protocols (CANBus, Ethernet, Serial communications)
- Experience with military Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) systems
- Hands on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, logic analyzers, function generators, network analyzers, and spectrum analyzers
- Experience with proposals, bid capture, contract negotiations and delivery planning
- Detailed knowledge of Military Standards and regulations
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Brenda.Mollahan@ststechnicaljobs.com