Voltage Regulator Design Engineers
Voltage Regulator Design EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Voltage Regulator Design Engineers in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.
Harley-Davidson is looking for an Engineer to develop components for the motorcycle the starting and charging system. The starting and charging system includes all electrical and electro-mechanical parts to start a motorcycle and maintain and store electrical power while it is running. We are looking for an engineer who will provide creative solutions to challenging vehicle problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver starting and charging components particularly voltage regulators from concept into production.
- Technical knowledge and design experience of existing vehicle technologies as well as awareness of future vehicle technologies related to starting and energy management including power generation stator/rotor alternator power conversion and regulation and battery technology.
- Experience developing voltage regulators is particularly preferred.
- Develop component requirements by incorporating vehicle-level requirements personal expertise engineering guidelines product benchmarking and input from internal stakeholders.
- Develop verification plans to ensure features are intuitive and robust at product launch.
- Fundamental knowledge of engineering calculations and engineering analysis to achieve electrical thermal and mechanical requirements.
- Use of Quality Engineering methods such as DFMEAs and Design Validation Plans and Test Reports.
- Experience authoring requirements developing test-cases and establishing traceability in a process that supports product development in accordance with a functional safety process such as ISO26262.
- Work with Harley-Davidson engineering and purchasing team to manage Tier 1 electrical component partners to deliver the components.
- Experience working with suppliers on supplier-led designs.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse global teams both internally and externally.
- Verify component system performance resolving any issues along the way to H-D standards approve supplier validation and work with test and verification entities to ensure EE system meets or exceeds targets.
- Skilled with general electrical lab equipment such as voltage meters current meters oscilloscopes and load banks.
- Experience with problem solving methods and tools such as Six Sigma.
- Complete all activity using project management tools and principles to deliver on-time and within budget.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.