STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Warehouse Supervisors in Germantown, Wisconsin.
Build your career with a leading global manufacturer of high quality construction equipment and compact construction machines. Enjoy the excitement of working for an organization that serves multiple industries, including construction, landscaping, agriculture, and architecture, as well as municipal bodies in applications such as roadbuilding, rail transport and recycling.
At Wacker Neuson, we believe in a culture of mutual respect and agility, built on the values and mindset of a family enterprise. Headquartered in Munich, Germany with our strategically located sales teams and international production sites, Wacker Neuson Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. There is plenty of opportunity for you to build your career with Wacker Neuson.
In the US, enjoy casual work attire with jeans all week, flexible and non-traditional work week schedules, health and well-being programs including an onsite gym at our Menomonee Falls location, and many competitive benefits that will get you excited to choose Wacker Neuson as your next employer.
The Warehouse Supervisor’s primary role is to supervise and direct warehouse operations. This position utilizes staff and equipment to meet safety, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction goals. Warehouse Supervisor’s work with Receiving, inventory accuracy, ensuring FIFO, and processing returns, quality notifications, and shipping products in a timely and accurate manner.
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of receiving, selection and loading of product and maintaining productivity level for hourly members. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Position Location: Germantown, WI
- Remote Work: No
- Agency Engagement: Agencies are not approved to submit
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support department initiatives and continuous improvement that align with our company strategy and key performance metrics.
- Responsible for problem solving day to day issues and escalating challenges to management in the areas of safety, quality, production, personnel and other resource availability (i.e. technology, financial, physical).
- Responsible for gathering and delivering information in a timely manner while ensuring communication is understood by all direct reports.
- Provides constructive feedback to all subordinates and holds employees accountable. May provide feedback to manager for performance reviews.
- Leads by example and demonstrates the company’s core values of expertise, passion, agility and entrepreneurship.
- Treats all levels of the organization with respect, honesty, and integrity while supporting diversity, inclusion, compliance, and safety of all employees.
Daily Operational Activities:
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of a team who receive, handle, store, record, and dispatch goods in a store or warehouse. Conduct daily and weekly line meetings.
- Ensure that that there is sufficient inventory to meet the organization’s needs by ordering products; and managing out-of-stock over-stocked products.
- Enter data into a database or other computerized system to maintain up-to-date stock records; retrieve stored information; place orders; or respond to enquiries (for example on inventory levels or delivery schedules.). Generate warehouse productivity reports.
- Monitor warehouse activities to ensure that goods are stored correctly and safely and warehouse space is used efficiently.
- Monitor the effectiveness of operating procedures, space utilization, and protection of equipment and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prioritize and assign tasks to ensure that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Supervise staff to ensure that all warehouse activities, and all machines and equipment operated, safely.
- Train new workers in the organization’s operating procedures and standards.
- Represents the company at first step grievances or upon HR inquiry.
- Conduct daily and weekly line meetings.
Continuous Improvement and Quality:
- Facilitates and drives new ideas or concepts to show continuous improvement.
- Conduct Kaizen Events as needed.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain Wacker Neuson quality standards for inbound and outbound shipping.
Goals and KPI’s:
- Communicates, supports and maintains goals and KPI’s set by management and implement processes that will ensure the goals are met.
- Completes organizational tracking and reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures the systems used to reflect how processes are being done and informs others when schedules are not going to be met.
- Provides assistance in support of the safety strategy to reduce work related injuries.
- Conducts safety meetings and performs audits to help maintain the goal of zero lost time accidents.
- Promotes a safe working environment.
- Performs all job functions in a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices or conditions to safety manager.
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
- An Associate’s Degree in a Logistics program is required. A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory and leadership experience in a warehouse/logistics/production environment is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Strong conflict resolution, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated, energetic and capable to address issues with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to report and recommend solutions to challenges.
- Proficiency in computer software (MS Word and Excel, especially)
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.