Weapons Separation Engineers
Weapons Separation EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Weapons Separation Engineers in Wichita, Kansas.
Weapons Engineer is responsible for integration of weapons/weapons systems on our client’s Defense/Special mission aircraft platforms. The weapons engineer is responsible for mission system integration (design/PVI/Interlocks), system development, separation analysis and test, employment testing and management of weapons and weapons systems on behalf of TXTAV for coordination, testing, and certification AFSEO/NNMSB. Each candidate should have a strong background in aircraft electrical and avionics systems. Each employee should be familiar with store separation software/methods, HERO, as well as MIL-HDBK-1760/MIL-STD-1763, MIL-HDBK-516C, MIL-STD-8591 and MIL-STD-1289 . Each candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience in aircraft systems with a strong emphasis in weapons and Avionics/Electrical mission system design. Each candidate should have a BSEE or equivalent deg, and weapons design and test background.
- Complete complex development, design, testing and weapons integration and certification assignments for Platform Information Technology (PIT) during new aircraft design and avionics modifications.
- Serves as technical consultant for weapons integration and AFSEO support.
- Gathers data and prepares documentation in support of U.S. Government Assessment and Authorization (A&A) efforts to obtain MFR/MTC for weapons testing and employment.
- Performs research, calculations, and estimates for projects to conform with established specifications.
- Develops creative, scientific alternatives during course of job assignments to reach desired outcome.
- Determines status of work in progress.
- Maintains a high degree of proficiency in computer applications to accomplish tasks.
- Consults and coordinates with other engineering and manufacturing personnel to coordinate design function and resolve technical problems.
- Consults with suppliers to discuss and remedy issues in a more timely and efficient manner.
- Consults with customer weapons representatives to develop and verify requirements, mitigate risks, and devise action plans.
- Requests and coordinates work performed by Engineering support groups, Experimental, Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management for the project. Instructs suppliers as to materials, equipment and hardware for utilization on aircraft in accordance with approved specifications.
- Maintains contact with Product Support Engineering and production departments to resolve engineering problems impeding production and to assist in the incorporation of new design concepts and changes.
- Monitors and conducts analyses on first article fabrication and operation to assure adequacy of design.
- Reviews and evaluates supplier proposals for potential utilization.
- Assures supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes.
- Provides periodic design reviews and updates presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.