Weapons Separation Engineers
Weapons Separation EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Weapons Separation Engineers in Wichita, Kansas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Weapons Engineer is responsible for integration of weapons/weapons systems on our client’s Defense/Special mission aircraft platforms.
- The weapons engineer is responsible for mission system integration (design/PVI/Interlocks), system development, separation analysis and test, employment testing and management of weapons and weapons systems on behalf of TXTAV for coordination, testing, and certification AFSEO/NNMSB.
- Perform research, design, and development in such areas as mechanical design, fluid flow, and distribution.
- Apply research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical systems, controls, and/or equipment.
- Will be expected to set flight controls, hydraulics, or landing gear system requirements and architecture.
- Will be expected to perform with minimal direction.
- Perform research/analysis, troubleshooting, and design/integration.
- Conduct trade studies to determine feasibility of designing new equipment or modifying existing equipment.
- Analyze components and equipment to establish operating data and conduct experimental tests.
- Create system schematic diagrams.
- Prepare qualification, test and certification compliance reports for FAA or MIL certification.
- Coordinate technical efforts of suppliers by supporting prototype equipment construction, qualification testing, and FAA or MIL certification.
- Investigate and resolve production and field issues as identified both through the internal quality system and customer feedback.
- Each candidate should have a strong background in aircraft electrical and avionics systems.
- Each employee should be familiar with store separation software/methods, HERO, as well as MIL-HDBK-1760/MIL-STD-1763, MIL-HDBK-516C, MIL-STD-8591 and MIL-STD-1289 .
- Each candidate should have a background in Avionics/Electrical design with an BSEE or equivalent deg, and weapons design and test background.
- Strong drawing interpretation skills.
- Experience in applying technical theories, troubleshooting techniques, and concepts related to aircraft mechanical systems.
- Ability to perform flight test data reduction and evaluate output, and to formulate recommendations for next appropriate action.
- Able to determine and develop approaches to solutions with only general direction.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with customers and suppliers, both internal and external.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- PC literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to support multiple engineering projects with independent schedule commitments.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.