Welders (PFE Program)
Welders (PFE Program)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Welders in Atlanta, Georgia.
Hiring Note: The PFE program is a mentorship program with the opportunity to become a direct employee after 6 months.
- This position will be part of a team of welders, machinists, and AMTs working to repair and or restore airframe and engine parts to their original serviceable condition per our client’s, OEM, and FAA specifications.
- Must be willing to work alternate shifts, off-days and weekends as required.
- Particular functions, tasks, and duties may vary depending upon the location and operational requirements.
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Must be COVID-19 vaccinated, have 1st COVID-19 vaccination shot or willing to take COVID-19 vaccination.
- Candidate must hold a valid Aircraft Welding Certificate or have a minimum of 2 years, documented welding experience (employment, Technical School, Military, etc.) and be able to successfully complete our client’s Aircraft Welding Certification program.
- TIG weld experience with stainless and nickel alloys preferred.
- Candidate must successfully complete an initial entry evaluation administered by Welding Training Center personnel demonstrating theoretical and working knowledge of job skills required of an Aircraft Welder.
- Candidate must be able to pass Welder Vision requirements per TOPP 10-00-50.
- Should be able to read and write at a level to comprehend and apply information contained in detailed and complex technical manuals, with little or no assistance.
- Should have or be willing to immediately obtain a complete set of tools per company specifications.
- Candidates must be willing to and able to work alternate shifts, off-days, weekends, and holidays as required supporting operational requirements.
- Must be a team player and actively participate in identifying process improvements and cost savings initiatives.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to practice safe work habits as evidenced through behavior and attitude.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to pass an extensive background check, drug test and audiogram
- Be authorized to work in the US
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.