STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is now hiring Welders in Virginia, Minnesota.
The Welder I will work under the direction of a more highly skilled Welder, Lead or Supervisor in a shop or field service environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary focus on a safe work environment and employing safe work practices on a consistent basis.
- Perform a variety of welding and cutting applications (including air arcing).
- Lay out and perform complex repairs with a high level of accuracy and quality.
- Assess equipment repair needs and developing repair processes.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and perform minor repairs to most assigned tooling; wire feeders and welding machines.
- Work in a diverse team environment.
- Work efficiently and productively at all times to maintain a billable rate according to department and company objectives.
- Minimize loss/spoilage of raw or in process materials.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Forklift Task Trained
- Sand Blast Booth Task Trained
- Fire Extinguisher Task Trained
- Confined Space Task Trained
- LOTO Task Trained
- Fall Protection Task Trained
- Hexchromium Task Trained
- Certified 1/16” 3G
- Certified 1/16” 4G
- Proficient at Carbon Arc Gouging
- Proficient with Oxy/Fuel Torch
- Moderate physical demand, continuous lifting or moving light weight to moderate weight materials and working in difficult work positions.
- Vertical lifting
- Upper extremity push/pull
- Repetitive coupling
- Climbing steps/ladders
- Repetitive posture
- Working at heights
- Static posture
- Overhead reach
- Working in confined spaces
- Current MSHA, valid driver license and able to pass pre-employment drug screen and physical job requirements.
- Consistently promotes the Joy Global Safety First attitude which includes but is not limited to:
- Understands and complies with all established Cardinal Rules
- Working safely, promoting the safety of coworkers
- Constantly looking for ways to improve and maintain a safe working environment by completing FLRA’s, Near Miss Cards and Safety Observations.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with a variety of SMAW and FCAW welding electrodes.
- Experience with carbon arc gouging.
- Must be able to pass a weld certification according to Joy Global Quality standards.
- Ability to apply advanced trades mathematics (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, and fractions). Simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, schedules.
- Ability to interpret complicated drawings, specifications, charts, tables, and handbook formulas.
- Ability to analyze and update reports, forms, records, and comparable methods of data collection/communication tools.
- 12+ months of experience with numerous welding and cutting applications including carbon arc gouging and SMAW and FCAW welding electrodes.
- Valid CDL preferred
- Vocational training preferred
- Must be able to wear a respirator or fresh air hood when required
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule to include day shift, night shift, weekend, and holiday assignment as well as day and overnight travel.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.