Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Welders in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
We are looking for a full-time Welder to work in our client’s Fabrication department. As a welder, you be a vital part of the Fabrication building, which includes MIG/TIG welding and brake press operation.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Proficient in mild steel/stainless steel welding
- Ability to weld spare parts in various directions- flat, horizontal, or vertical
- Ability to ignite flame or strike and arc while welding or performing other electricity-related work to weld part of a metal structure
- Must be able to do clamping, holding, tack-welding, bolting, or grinding spare parts as necessary to satisfy the technical requirements and create a welded final product
- Ability to examine finished products and compare them with samples to ensure that specifications are met
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize and prioritize time effectively
- Verify dimensional accuracy and quality of part details
- Operate basic tool room equipment, including brake press equipment, grinders and various hand tools
- Assist fabrication department as needed
- Perform periodic maintenance and inspection of equipment and components
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
- MIG/TIG welding certification and 5 years welding experience
- Must be able to read blueprints and understand welding symbols
- Good math skills are required
- Must become forklift certified
- Proficient with measuring equipment
Relationships & Roles:
- Demonstrate ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Build trust, value others, lead by example, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with other, solve problems creatively, and demonstrate high integrity
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all departments
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pound occasionally
- Must use PPE, welding equipment, safety toe shoes, and wear company provided uniform
- At times will be working in a loud, dirty, and sometimes warm environment
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.