Wheel Shop Technicians
Wheel Shop TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Wheel Shop Technicians in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Performs repair/overhaul work for the component wheel/brake shop.
- Repairs and overhauls components and accessories are carried out in accordance with FAA and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) repair procedures and policies, and ensures conformance to prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Carries out diagnostic, repair and overhaul tasks along with technicians and specialists, observing approved and prescribed procedures.
- Personally carries out or assists specialists in carrying out technically complex repairs.
- Follows appropriate manual references and utilizes proper tools in performing their repair duties, mainly focused on wheel, landing gear and brake repairs.
- Follows production schedule; works with the shop Lead and Production Maintenance Supervisor to implement ways to remedy behind schedule conditions.
- Follows work orders and repair orders to see that all documentation has been completed; assists in the maintenance records and technical data required by the FAA.
- Monitors and tracks parts shortages, supports the ordering of materials to alleviate shortage conditions.
- Briefing Lead or Production Maintenance Supervisor concerning repairs for quotations.
- Creates purchase requisitions for parts and tooling required.
- Communicates any tooling requirements that may be needed to Lead or Production Maintenance Supervisor.
- Communications via e-mail, telephone, and in person may be required.
- Works with Lead to schedule any third party vendor tasks or services.
- High School/ GED
- A&P license preferred, relevant experience or repairman certificate may substitute for A&P license
- MS Office, Internet, Component Control, Lotus Notes
- 2-4 years of experience with wheel / brake / landing gear repair or overhaul
- FAA repair station experience or component shop experience
- Mechanical aptitude and abilities
- Shop equipment, hand tools (pneumatic & manual)
- Component Maintenance Manual, blueprint reading
- Forklift, pallet jack
- Hydraulic & mechanical systems
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.