Wire Harness Technicians
Wire Harness TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Wire Harness Technicians in Conifer, Colorado.
- Read and understand electrical assembly drawings, schematics, technical data and other written or verbal work instructions.
- Construct wire harnesses, cables and assemblies by measuring, cutting, sorting, coding, stripping, crimping/soldering, and routing various lengths, types, and AWG of wire, heat-shrink, and other related assembly materials.
- Operate multiple hand tools and harness assembly equipment such as wire strippers, crimpers, solder iron, wire identification marking/cutting machines, heat guns, and other related tools.
- Test completed wire harnesses and components for continuity and proper function.
- Complete associated documents, hard copy or electronically, related with the job assignment.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformance issues. Inspect and ensure materials, components, assemblies, sub-assemblies, tools and product configurations comply and conform with engineering drawings, company quality policies and applicable industry standards.
- Identify and report all non-conforming issues to supervisors and management.
- Effectively work with co-workers, supervisors and management in problem solving and exploring and implementing best practices in our operations.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs in job turnovers.
- Comply with lean manufacturing principals and work with leads and supervisors to explore and implement best practices in the manufacturing process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- This position must meet ITAR Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
- “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Pass a security background check This position requires a high school education and 5 years industry related experience.
- Experience reading and understanding electrical assembly drawings and written work instructions.
- Strong work ethic and the flexibility to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be willing to work extended hours when needed to support product delivery.
- Experience using dedicated contact crimping tools for attaching connector contacts.
- Experience assembling circular, D-sub, RJ, and various other types of connectors, backshells and coax connectors.
- Experience in wire splicing and installing shield terminators.
- Good oral and written communication skills; able to read, comprehend and create written and verbal instructions in the English language.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to assemble, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.