STS U Jet
STS U Jet is hiring Workshop Managers in Shannon, Ireland.
STS U Jet is hiring a Workshop Manager to join our team based in Shannon County Clare. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of a busy workshop environment and manage the workshop team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to plan, organize and manage projects from start to finish
- Assessment and control of manpower requirements and additional resources, where necessary, are available to complete maintenance inputs.
- Co-ordinate and control facilities, material, data, manpower etc for any off-site activities.
- Appropriate tools, equipment and materials are in place to perform the planned tasks
- Ensure all aspects of the working environment are up to standard for planned maintenance from facilities, working and the office environment
- Organize and maintain sufficient and appropriate storage facilities are available for all materials relating to the workshops.
- Sufficient competent personnel are available to plan, perform, supervise, inspect and certify the work performed
- Work in conjunction with our materials coordinator of order fulfillment and replenishment to ensure materials/tooling are readily available to the team.
- Work in conjunction with our maintenance planner to ensure work is organised into maintenance teams and shifts, where necessary, and provide all necessary support, taking into account human factors limitations, to ensure the completion of maintenance without undue time pressure.
- That all unserviceable items are identified and labelled correctly
- That all sub-contract orders are correctly detailed and that the requirements of the contract/order are fulfilled in respect of inspection and quality control
- Monitor that all maintenance procedures are established and published within the organisation. Thus, enforcing maintenance practices and compliance with EASA/IAA requirements to guarantee that work is accomplished to the highest standards of airworthiness and workmanship.
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
- 5 Years+ experience in a similar role, preferably in Aviation
- Must be acceptable to the IAA as a nominated Post Holder
- EASA B1 Level Preferable
- Highly organised, efficient and an excellent communicator
- Enthusiastic with a “can do” attitude
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of Quantum or another ERP system is essential
- Lean manufacturing qualification beneficial
- Proven ability to apply key continuous improvement principles in a fast-moving workshop environment
- Ability to manage but can be a team player
If you would like to apply for this position please do so directly on this page before Monday 12th of August, 2019.