Lead A&P Mechanics
Lead A&P MechanicsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services now offers Lead A&P Mechanic jobs in Marana, Arizona!
To perform functions assigned in the service, repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft components, parts and accessories.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Researches technical data and performs disassembly, repair, cleaning, adjustment, assembly, testing and calibration of aircraft components and company special tools and ground equipment in accordance with applicable maintenance manual, FAA regulations and Marana Aerospace Solutions policies and procedures
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing and hydraulic units
- Reads and interprets manufacturers and airlines maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Upon removing units from an aircraft, engine, or other major component or subassembly, completes appropriate identification, routing tags and forms and makes appropriate entries into the Component Removal Log
- Inspects turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, or other defects
- Repairs or replaces defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes
- Upon completion of work scope obtains the signature of a certified mechanic on work cards or forms
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by Lead, Supervisor, or Manager
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Post-secondary education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience required
- Three to five years’ experience on Boeing wide body aircraft maintenance preferred
- A&P License and valid driver’s license required
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction
- Ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position
- Ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment
- Ability to work with or without supervision
- 5 years of heavy MX experience on the B747 and/or A330 aircraft
- Ability to work with and coach less experienced employees
- Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level
- Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to or over 75 pounds
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Aircraft ground servicing equipment including tugs, tractors, hi-lifts, trucks, servicing carts and test equipment, hand tools, rivet guns, drills
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.