STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is Hiring Logistics Engineers in Germantown, Wisconsin!
The Logistics Engineer is responsible for supporting the material strategy in an effort to optimize inventory storage and flow of parts through the distribution facility. They will with Demand Planning, Operative Procurement, Inbound, Outbound, and Process/Quality Engineering, to ensure that processes are implemented to achieve best-in-class solution. The Logistics Engineer will be responsible for documentation and optimization of current layout and processes within the distribution facility. They will also be responsible for optimizing our order flow procedures to support FPY (First Pass Yield) and optimize slotting structure for optimal cube utilization.
This is a DIRECT HIRE Position
Duties and Responsibilities
Processes & Design:
- Works with supervisor to strengthen, develop, and support daily process
- Writes, updates, and controls work instruction database
- Manages and generates tests based off of work instructions within the department. Initiates hands-on test to reassure department employees are trained appropriately
- Works with leadership and process improvement engineers to map and layout material flow, material storage, and labor requirements
- Support the development of our distribution strategy
Packaging And Design Responsibilities:
- Design and develop packaging procedures to minimize damaged good and promote lowest cost shipment rates
- Responsible for returnable process (how many and at what frequency)
- Takes lead on product put-away, storage, and pick strategies to optimize space and labor efficiently
Project Management & Continuous Improvement:
- Leads Kaizen and lean events to improve current state processes
- Strives to increase efficiency gains within distribution facility by reducing employee travel time, forklift activity, implementing, and mapping routing guide to achieve KPI’s
- Key facilitator in optimization projects within the distribution facility focused on optimal storage space and productivity of labor
- Performs all job functions is a safe manner and maintains safety awareness
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices and/or conditions to supervisor
- Support ergonomics and safety within distribution facility
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related discipline required
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in material control or industrial engineering preferred
- Previous experience in engineering /warehouse layout design preferred
- APICS, CPIM, or CIRM certification is preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Previous SAP experience preferred
- A strong understanding of best-in-class distribution center processes preferred
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.