Machinery Lubrication Technicians
Machinery Lubrication TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services has partnered with ARAUCO – a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced wood products for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, ARAUCO manufactures and distributes the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where they are located. As a result, we are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of the team at ARAUCO!
Right now, ARAUCO is hiring Lubrication Technicians in Grayling, Michigan!
Provides technical resource and field service for management and execution of a plant lubrication program having primary areas of focus including equipment lubrication surveys, optimizing lubrication schedules, maintaining historical records, inventory management, procedure standardization, and equipment servicing.
Description of Essential Duties:
- Provides procedure development, training, field support, supervision, record keeping and technical referencing for the above focus areas
- Maintains Lubrication database including initial survey input, service history, and schedule optimization
- Watches for equipment changes so that the database is kept current with latest status
- Maintains contacts with suppliers and vendors
- Maintains system of work assessment to support resource budgeting, backlog management and priority determination
- Supervises and leads field lubrication work carried out by other Technicians and contractors
- Supports commissioning and acceptance of new or rebuilt equipment through lubrication first fills
- Completes used oil sampling, packaging and report assessments
- Issues operating work lists on weekly basis. Issues downday and EOM work list according to schedules
- Monitors work backlog and flags any discrepancies/concerns
- Supports mechanical maintenance technicians and area maintenance leads with risk management controls and reliability improvements relating to lubrication considerations including used oil condition assessment
- Maintains industry contacts and knowledge to support cost management, best practices and problem solving relating to equipment lubrication
- Interacts with the Vibration Technician and Reliability Engineer on lube issues related to lubrication optimization and risk control measures
- Maintains sufficient inventory of lubrication product, tooling and supplies
- Completes month end inventory counting and reporting
- Completes month end backlog assessment and reporting
- Works with Reliability Engineer to determine OEM specification substitutions to support product compatibility and inventory consolidation
- Completes housekeeping and upkeep of lube room and used oil areas
- Promotes lubrication PM best practices though monthly update reports, one-on-one coaching, status updates and seminar presentations
- Follows up on Lubrication work sheet comments with maint WR or otherwise resolving issue of note
- Participates in Downday/Shutdown work planning by providing priority updates, procedure details and scheduling considerations for lubrication work
- Attends and participates in Maintenance Group meetings, crew coverage duties and provides shift relief coverage on an emergency basis
- Coordinates with maintenance planners and area maintenance leads to optimize equipment PM’s and work practices in areas of expertise
- Maintains “how to” reference guidelines for job functions so that relief persons can provide effective replacement when required
- Plans, organizes and supervises lubrication work for operating shifts, PM downdays and EOM shutdowns
- Provides plant wide mechanical maintenance support on an as needed basis
- Supports and promoted the ARAUCO Asset Reliability Process (ARP)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Post-Secondary mechanical education or trade education preferred
- Experience using MS Office, database programs & spreadsheets is preferred
- Experience in the use of a CMMS preferred
- Field experience with industrial lubrication programs preferred
- Excellent organizational and recordkeeping skills required
- Attention to detail required
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with people for problem solving, coaching, and work planning
Organizational Culture/Job Fit:
- Actively participates in operations, quality and maintenance initiatives
- Is a leader in team approach to work and fostering the culture at ARAUCO
- Supports and participates in the Operate and Maintain principles of the Team Design
Key Safety/Housekeeping Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates through use and participation the understanding of all required safety policies and procedures
- Works actively to maintain housekeeping responsibilities
- Maintain a clean environment for all lubrication storage areas
- Keep tooling, supplies and manuals in usable condition and in proper storage
- When directly overseeing contractor work, completes Contractor Work Permits and Laser Forms, lockout and permit documentation
- Maintains lockout certifications for areas requiring same in order to conduct lubrication responsibilities
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.