STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Maintenance Electricians in Eugene, Oregon.
About Our Client:
ARAUCO is a global manufacturer of sustainably-produced forest product solutions for construction, industrial, and retail markets. With over 120 facilities worldwide, we manufacture and distribute the industry’s most-comprehensive selection of wood composite panels, premium plywood, millwork, lumber, and FSC-certified wood pulp.
ARAUCO is growing in North America, with innovative manufacturing, state-of-the-art facilities, and a commitment to make a difference in the communities where we are located. We are seeking the right individuals for high-caliber opportunities in manufacturing, supply chain, maintenance, safety, and other related fields. This is a direct-hire role with benefits. We look forward to considering you as part of our team at ARAUCO!
Safely and efficiently respond to all maintenance issues and upset conditions and strive to increase overall mill reliability.
- Shift schedule: 12 hour rotating shift (1-3-3-1-1-3-3…)
- Pay range: $35+/hr. with night shift differential of $2.55/hr. during rotation PLUS sign-on Bonus!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to mill breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner, working closely with area operators to resolve maintenance related issues
- Work closely with area operators to resolve maintenance related issues
- Responsible for shift pass down to oncoming technicians
- Understand and support the area maintenance initiative
- Daily interaction with Area Operators and Supervisors. Read logbooks to know and address their issues.
- Resolve quality & safety issues in your area
- Support the team to resolve process related and during process upset conditions
- Maintain Maintenance/Electrical Log book ensuring it is current at the end of each shift
- Take ownership of assigned Area and show support for the Area Management initiative within the mill. This includes knowing the downtime, quality and safety issues in your Area and work to resolve them
- Assist in developing PMs for your area of responsibility
- Daily interaction with Area Operators and PIC’s to know and address their issues
- Communicate maintenance issues to Operators, Supervisors, Planners, and peers directly or via email
- Interface with Area Planner to coordinate Down day & daily work schedules
- Work with other crafts & operators to increase uptime reliability
- Assist other crafts during breakdowns
- Check the ‘Eugene Action Log’ daily and work with the Area Planner to get items in your Area resolved
- Investigate the root cause of equipment failure and make recommendations for long term fix
- Enter appropriate work requests for required follow-up work
- Complete assigned work orders or other PM/PdM activities as assigned
- Seek to continually improve skill-set (with vendor training, web based training, seminars, etc)
- Attend and participate in maintenance crew meetings and other group functional meetings and training
- Support the Asset Reliability Process (ARP) as it is rolled out. This includes Area Management, Planning & Scheduling, Daily Schedules, etc.
- Support the crew to maintain activities for meeting, training, and on-shift vacation coverage
- Wear radio and respond to issues in your area when needed. Let Operations and peers know about changes made while you are on shift
Key Safety Responsibilities:
- Wear proper PPE at all times as required
- Be lock-out certified for the area
- Ensure control room/area remains neat and clean
- Be aware of all personnel working in the area
- Complete LASER for any upset condition or procedure
- Actively participate and positively contribute to the safety program
- Report all safety incidents (including near misses)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Candidates must possess (or be able to immediately obtain) an Oregon General Journeyman or Limited Manufacturing Plant Journeyman electrical license
- 5 years industrial mechanical skills experience preferred. (bearings, hydraulics, pumps, gearboxes)
- 2 years industrial welding and fabrication experience preferred
- 3 years industrial mechanical troubleshooting skills preferred
- 3 years AC & DC motor control experience (including drives) preferred
- 3 years electrical troubleshooting experience preferred
- Familiarity of the basic functions of a SAP (CMMS) system preferred
- Ability to work extended hours and rotating shifts as required
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.