Maintenance ToolmakersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Maintenance Toolmakers in York, Pennsylvania.
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our Powertrain Operations facility, located on Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls, WI, is where the “jewel” of the motorcycle comes to life. Pilgrim Road employees produce engines and transmissions for the final assembly plant in York, Pennsylvania, as well as transmissions, and replacement parts for sale through Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories business. Join our team as a Maintenance Toolmaker and help build the world’s most sought-after motorcycles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the production operation by providing immediate response to all breakdowns to minimize equipment downtime and follow all escalation processes as defined.
- Troubleshoot and perform all required tool and die and mechanical maintenance on automated equipment.
- Make repairs to pneumatic and hydraulic system as necessary in order to return production equipment to service
- Ability to remove and setup dies in production equipment in order to perform necessary maintenance and PM activities
- Ability to perform production tasks as necessary or required by the situation.
- Insure machine availability goals are met by participating in and organizing Root Cause Analysis activities to improve equipment up-time.
- Experience in basic welding and the ability to perform repairs requiring welding to return production equipment to service
- Understand Predictive Maintenance technologies in order to understand when they apply to problems and participate in utilizing them as deemed necessary
- Assist in training employees in production roles to perform simple maintenance tasks as associated with TPM.
- Wears communication device as deemed necessary
- Wears all required PPE for the task being performed
- Actively participate in any Skills Training Program required
- Lockout equipment to be maintained and follow all safety practices and procedures.
- Perform routine Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities.
- Utilize the CMMS to record and track work activities including time keeping, historical equipment repairs and work order/PM closures
- Operates necessary material handling equipment to transport supplies to job and to make installations and repairs.
- Performs routine and customary material handling and housekeeping associated with the job.
- Instructs helper or apprentice and acts as leader on jobs as required.
- Must be able to work eight hours or more and work mandated overtime as required under the guidelines of the current Labor Agreement.
- Journeyperson Card (related to the job opening) and/or seven years of applicable experience as a qualified Tool and Die Maker person, or machine tool builder in troubleshooting, machine repair, tool making, machine building, hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical systems.
- Have a basic understanding of CNC control.
- Demonstrated ability to read and utilize prints of machine assembly, layouts, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience in performing basic machine/fixture alignment using precision instruments in either metric or English measurement systems.
- Have a good understanding of tool room equipment, operations associated with drilling, milling, surface grinding, and lathe operations.
- Experience in maintaining mechanical dies, both deep draw and progressive; presses, and basic welding.
- Makes minor alteration to existing tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gages to prepare them for other uses.
- Must have a basic understanding of PC’s and basic PC skills
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply via Email
To apply for this job email your details to Matthew.Hayes@harley-davidson.com